28 Oct There’s no downplaying the flu.
There’s no downplaying the flu. According to this information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Getting a flu vaccine during 2020-2021 is more important than ever because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Flu vaccination is especially important for adults 65 years and older, who account for most hospitalizations and deaths from flu and from COVID-19.” This makes it more important, now more than ever, to get a flu vaccine.
Not sure where to go to get your flu shot? Here is a list of retail locations that offer them and some quick tips to know before you go.
- Appointments MUST be pre-booked online (no walk-in appointments available)
- Flu shots can be administered to anyone age 3 years and up.
- Locate a Costco Pharmacy and book your appointment online or walk-in (wait times may vary).
- Pricing may vary by location. Discounts may apply with Costco Member Prescription Discount card.
- Make your flu shot appointment online where you can pick a location, choose your immunization and pick a time.
- *Free with most insurance (*Ask the pharmacist or check with your insurance provider)
- Complete your immunization form online and receive a text when your vaccine is ready
- Drive-thru flu shots available at participating locations
- Get a coupon for 10% off your next grocery purchase with a flu shot (Ask Pharmacist for details)
- Both online scheduling and walk-in appointments available
- Print and fill out the vaccine consent form and bring to your appointment to save time
- Book your appointment using their online scheduler and complete your forms in advance
- *No out-of-pocket costs for flu shots with most insurance plans (*Ask the pharmacist or check with your insurance provider)
You can also review this information provided by Public Health – Seattle & King County with regard to healthcare providers and pharmacies offering vaccines and upcoming free vaccination clinics.
Some quick tips:
- Be sure to contact your insurance company or inquire with the pharmacy to confirm coverage details before scheduling your appointment.
- If possible, complete and sign any required paperwork before your appointment to save time.
- Bring your insurance card with you to the appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothing, including a short sleeved shirt.
Wishing you and your family health, wellness and safety,
Your Friends at With a Little Help